Sunday 18 May 2014

Audiobooks on my mind (18-May-2014)


First up is Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. I love this author, and I've only 'read' one book of hers previously (her short story collection The Thing Around Your Neck). Her writing is so elegant and the stories were so beautifully intricate. It seems like this audiobook has everything I would love: race/culture issues, romance and heartbreak, travel, and a really meaningful story. Narrated by: Adjoa Andoh. Length: 17 hrs and 28 mins.

Next is Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank. I think I got this like yesterday, which is why it's on my mind lol (Audible sales are just too tempting). This will be a trip down memory lane for me, I read this as a young girl too. I remember feeling so engrossed by the story, and really feeling for Anne who had the same fantasies and wishes and dreams as me. So experiencing the book again, this time through audio, will be quite nostalgic. Narrated by: Helena Bonham Carter. Length: 10 hrs and 8 mins.


The last audiobook is On the Rocks by Erin Duffy. I read the synopsis and I felt it was perfect was me. Just a lovely and light summer read, that's all. I mean, look at the cover! The two main characters are going to "escape sweltering Boston and its reminders of Ben and head to Newport for the summer. In a quaint rented cottage by the sea, the girls will enjoy cool breezes, cocktails, and crowds of gorgeous men". I would love this book. Narrated by: Cyndi Shope. Length: 10 hrs and 19 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment