Friday 6 June 2014

Audiobooks on my Mind (06-June-2014)


I don't normally get excited about new releases, but I am so excited that Stephen King has released a new crime fiction thriller called Mr. Mercedes. Kind of reminds me of when J. K. Rowling branched out into crime with The Cuckoo's Calling, which I just loved (and in turn reminded me of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo). I am expecting King's one to be grittier, and perhaps more bloody. The story itself revolves around a retired homicide detective investigating a case he is particularly drawn to - nothing original about that, but hey, it's Stephen King. I need this audiobook in my life. It stretches to around 14 hours and is narrated by Will Patton. King's audiobooks in general tend to be quite well-done and atmospheric, so I'm sure this will be a performance. Can't wait.

As a sidenote, I'm wondering how significant those umbrellas in the cover are.

No comments:

Post a Comment